10 Fun Fitness Facts
Unbelievably true facts about fitness!
- Bodies are a creature of habit. The more you exercise, the more your body learns to burn fat rather than store it.
- If you had every single muscle in your body working together at the same time, you could lift about 50,000 pounds.
- If you are not a regular exerciser, by the time you are 65 you may experience as much as an 80% decrease in your muscle strength.
- Between birth and old age you will walk about 70,000 miles.
- It takes only about 23 seconds for blood to circulate throughout your entire body.
- If you are 25 pounds overweight, you have nearly 5,000 extra miles of blood vessels through which your heart must pump blood.
- People who cross-train with a variety of exercises are more fit and less prone to injury than those who do only one or two types of exercises.
- Your heart is the strongest muscle in your body and beats about 100,000 times a day in the average adult.
- The best way to judge whether you are exercising at too high of an intensity is to do the “talk-test”. See if you can carry on a conversation. If you can’t, you may want to bring down the intensity a bit.
- Aerobic exercise is one of the best preventable medicines available and one of the cheapest.