Chicken Basil Burger
Classic burger with a spicy twist!
Try this chicken basil burger recipe for a fresh take on a classic grilled menu item! Chicken is lower in cholesterol and saturated fat in comparison to beef, which is better for your cardiovascular health. It is also a great source of protein, potassium, and phosphorous!
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Add chili flakes for spice if desired.
- Form mixture into even size patties and flatten.
- Grill on a BBQ 5 -7 minutes per side.
- Serve on a bun, lettuce or on its own.
Tip: Double the recipe and freeze patties in the freezer for up to 3 months