Grilled Asian Salad
Try this simple salad that is packed with flavour!
This recipe makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seed oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) orange zest
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 asparagus spears, julienned
- 1/4 red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/4 zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 red onion, julienned
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 45 g tofu, firm
- 4 English cucumbers, seeds removed, julienned
- Handful cilantro leaves
- 4 handfuls watercress
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- For dressing: Place all ingredients in a bowl, whisk together, and adjust seasoning to taste. Set aside.
- For salad: Add asparagus, red pepper, yellow pepper, zucchini and red onion to medium-sized bowl.
- Add 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables in a grill basket and grill until vegetables begin to soften. (Or place vege¬tables on grill across grates to ensure they don’t fall through.)
- Cut tofu in half to make two flat pieces. Brush on all surfaces with remaining olive oil. Grill tofu until crispy on all sides. Slice width-wise into 1/2-cm strips and add to grilled vegetables.
- Add dressing, cucumber and half of the cilantro, and gently toss together.
- Place equal amounts of watercress on four plates. Top with equal amounts of salad.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro leaves.
Nutritional Information per serving
159 calories, 5 g protein, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 g carbohydrates, 4 g fibre, 0 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium